We have a handful of membership rules and requirements that must be adhered to and met in order for you to become a member. Please check out the following so that you give your application its best chance for success.
Automatic Rejection Policy
We try to maintain a safe network for all of our members, which means there are several things that will result in the immediate ejection of a profile here on Modelling.photos. Please note that these rejections of membership can occur without notice or warning, and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Networking for sexual, pornographic, or imminently dangerous content of any kind;
- Copyright violations;
- Opening or maintaining a profile that represents someone else;
- Opening or maintaining someone else’s profile.
As a networking site for connecting individual members for face to face projects and work opportunities, we expect everyone who registers for an account at Modelling.photos to be who they say they are on their profile.
Member accounts are intended for personal, individual member use only, and we do expect our members to only post authentic information about themselves, in the Bio and their Profile. We may request proof of identity if there are any questions regarding the authenticity of account ownership to ensure the proper account owner is in control of the account.
We do not tolerate dishonest account ownership or dishonest account maintenance. Behaviors that fall under dishonest account ownership, include but are not limited to:
- creating an account for someone else
- allowing anyone but the person whose work or face is represented to login or access an account
- this includes assistants, managers, or agents.
- exceptions include spouses and/or life-partners who work as a photography team and identical twins with model profiles.
- pretending to be someone else and/or maintaining a fake profile
We do not allow profiles to be set up or managed by people other than the profile owner. This means profiles are not to be shared, group, or joint profiles. Passwords and login information should always be kept private.
- Member profiles are intended for individuals under our approved categories, not for companies, groups, teams of individuals or persons who qualify more for an “Other” account. Additionally, profiles are only extended to members to be used in the capacity to which they were approved.
- Individuals whose business is a reflection of their individual artistry are permitted to utilize their account with their business name.
- Spouses and/or life-partners who work as a photography team and identical twins with model profiles are permitted to share a profile.
- Member profiles are not to be used on behalf of third parties, or on behalf of businesses where a member works outside the capacity for which their profiles were approved.
- Individuals whose work with businesses is the same as their approved membership are permitted to network, as long as the role within the business is clearly stated.
- For example, this means if you are a photographer contracted with a company to take promotional photos, you are welcome to use your profile to network for that business’ project. If you are a model acting as a model for a company’s advertising campaign, you are welcome to use your profile to network for that business’ project.
- All other third party or business uses of a profile are strictly prohibited and may result in profile suspension.
- In order to maintain a member profile, you must meet our membership requirements at all times: at least 4 visible images pertaining to your membership type and a biography.
- Profiles that do not meet the membership requirements can be suspended until they are in compliance.
- Your profile should only display work you contributed to in your profile’s member category.
- For example, this means if you are listed as a model, you should only be showing images of you as a model. If you are a photographer, you should only upload images you shot as a photographer.
- If you would like to show off other skills, you are welcome to open a new profile!
- You must be at least 18 years old and have the correct birthday listed.
- Proof of age may be required.
General Profile Requirements
You must own any work you post
We do not want to see your inspirations – we want to see your work showing whatever it is you have selected to do! If you are a model, your images should show a portfolio of yourself modelling. If you are a photographer, you must own and have taken any images you post yourself. If you are a makeup artist or designer, your images should show your handiwork. We want to see what you have done as an artist.
Bio/About Me sections
You are asked to provide a short biography in your About Me section as part of your application. Please provide details about your experience, goals, reasons for being on Modelling.photos, or any other relevant information. It’s always better to err on the side of providing more info rather than less. Try to make it sound like a professional description of your career and work, rather than a personal ad.
Provide a minimum of 4 different photos
At least four different photos are required for all accounts during set up. No duplicates, re-crops, or manipulations of the same image will be accepted. Members are expected to maintain a minimum of four relevant photos at all times. Images must not contain any Prohibited Image Elements.
Quality images required
We want quality images here. Your photos must be judged to be of sufficient quality. This means that you should not submit cell phone shots, webcam shots, screenshots, mirror shots, arm’s-length self-portraits, personal snapshots, etc. Images that are poorly exposed, too grainy or have too much compression will not be accepted either.